Friday, October 17, 2008

I have to get this going!!

OK, so I am REALLY struggling with menus!! And I need to do them especially now that we're down to a paycheck every other week, so I need to plan better. So I think this will make me do it!! I'm trying to just eat oatmeal for breakfast and lunch is just insane to plan, for me. So, I'll start with just dinner and then go from there when I get better !!
Here it goes:

Monday:
(already I draw a blank!!!)
Italian Chicken
peas
bread (homemade)
Tuesday:
Meatloaf
Baked potatoes
corn
Wednesday:
Left over Italian Chicken
(we always have way to much)
Thursday:
(blank, blank ,blank)
Pork Chops
(never made them, sad I know!!)
Bread
Potato side
(I'm going to try a new one, I'll tell you how it goes)
Friday:
Waffles
( I never do breakfast for dinner, I think Madison will like it!!)
Saturday:
Pizza
(I made it last week and the dough didn't' raise so I'm trying again!!)
OK, so see this is why I need help!! BORING food!! SO I need easy CHEAP ideas!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

It's still boring, but if you're going for cheap my kids LOVE ramen noodles. My hubby and I don't get too excited about it, but we do it once or twice a month just for them. Two packages for five people - total is about $0.36, plus the cost of the water from your tap.

Also, we do baked ravioli once or twice a month, too. This involves taking a package of frozen ravioli and thawing it by either leaving it in the fridge for a day or two or defrosting in the microwave. We use just cheese ravioli but you can use whatever you like. Anyway, put the ravioli in a microwave safe dish, pour some spaghetti sauce over it (about 1 1/2 or 2 cups - pretty much however much you like) and then covering it with some mozzarella cheese (again however much you like). Then you microwave it for about 10 minutes. My kids really like it and it isn't too expensive.