Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits - Yum!

Tonight we had bean soup from the freezer - not my making, from a friend. Still, they were pretty darn good. Maybe I need to pick up a ham and use the bone for some of my own soup...I digress. Since I didn't have to do the work to make dinner, I got to spend a few minutes on the side. This is an adaptation of a recipe from my favorite "Southern Living" cookbook.
Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits
Okay, so this isn't really a formal recipe. I just use Bisquick, milk, cheddar or cheddar jack cheese, and butter and garlic powder. If you have made biscuits with Bisquick before, you know the general idea. I pour Bisquick in a middle-ish sized bowl until it looks like enough, probably 2 cups. Then, I add about 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Mix these and pour in milk. You want enough that your dough is a dough instead of a batter, but not so thick that you have to roll the dough. Then, scoop out heaping teaspoons and drop on a greased cookie sheet. Hence, drop biscuits. Bake at 450 degrees for about 9 minutes, or until golden brown. While the biscuits are cooking, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle in some garlic powder, about 1/4 teaspoon. When the biscuits come out of the oven, brush on the melted butter mixture. Then, serve. Just make sure you don't make too many, you will end up eating them ALL. Mine are currently being finished off.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: